According to the U.S. Census, nearly 1-quarter of Azusa’s 46,361 residents report they speak English “less than very well.” In response, the Azusa community has joined together to provide Grassroots ESL (English as a 2nd Language) to help limited English speakers gain confidence and skill in speaking English.
- Dalton Elementary School, (626) 815-5245
- Neighborhood Homework House, (626) 969-7051
- Valleydale Elementary School, 626-633-8600
Find your passion. Become a Grassroots ESL volunteer tutor!
- Step 1. Contact a Grassroots ESL Partner Site listed above to discuss schedules and tutor opportunities.
- Step 2. Attend a tutor training workshop. We will introduce you to materials and strategies to work successfully with a small group of adults.
- Step 3. Begin tutoring! You will be matched to tutor a small group of 3 - 7 adults with limited English speaking skills. You will meet twice a week with your group for 1 ½ hour each session.