AMI Opt Out Charge
ADVANCED METERING INFRASTRUCTURE (AMI) PROGRAM OPT-OUT CHARGE
This schedule is applicable to residential customers who elect to opt-out of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) radio communication meter functionality. These charges are related to the costs of providing and reading disabled two-way radio communication meters.
Within the City of Azusa utility service area for water service.
AMI Opt-out Fees:
1. A one-time set up charge in the amount of $75.00 will be billed on the residential customer account for each disabled two-way radio communication meter located at the property. The fee applies to each individual disabled two-way radio communication water meter on the premises.
2. In addition to the applicable monthly Customer Charge for water service, as the same may be revised from time to time, a monthly fee in the amount of $10 will be billed to the residential account for each disabled two-way radio communication metered service located at the property. The fee will cover the expense of manual meter reading and additional operational activities related to the disabled two-way radio communication meters.
3. In addition to the applicable monthly Customer Charge, for customers who are enrolled in the City’s low-income customer program, a discounted $5 monthly charge will be billed to the residential account for each disabled two-way radio communication metered service at the property. The documentation and requirements for eligibility in the Azusa Light & Water low-income customer program shall continue to apply.
1) Opt-out requests may only be made by the owner of the property.
2) Residential customers desiring to opt-out of the AMI radio communication meter functionality must complete an opt-out form within 30 days of being notified of the scheduled AMI meter installation.
3) Residential customers that have experienced meter tampering or manipulation, or have been disconnected for non-payment three times, will not be eligible to opt-out of the AMI meter installation.
4) Residential customers with meters that have historically been difficult to disconnect or obtain a reading for billing purposes will not be eligible to opt-out of the AMI meter installation. Meter locations will be evaluated by Azusa Light & Water staff for eligibility.
5) Commercial, Industrial and Solar customers shall not be eligible to opt-out of the AMI installation.
6) Multi-unit dwellings with homeowner and condominium associations may not collectively opt-out of AMI meter installations on behalf of individual residents who are members of the association. Individual residents who are owners of their residences and have individual connections for water service may submit a request a for disabled two-way radio communication meter service pursuant to the requirements set forth herein.
AMI Opt Out Form