The City Clerk is elected by the citizens of the community to serve as a Public Official at the will of the voters.
The City Clerk ensures the integrity of the public records, the conduct of municipal elections, transparency of local government, and serves as the unbiased liaison between the community and its local government.
The City Clerk also serves as the custodian of the Official City Seal, certifying copies of official records and administering oaths and affirmations.
Responsibilities of the Office of City Clerk include:
- Preparing City Council meeting agenda and information packets
- Conducting regular and special municipal elections
- Recording minutes for:
- Providing access to public records for citizens and City staff
- Accepting claims and service of legal documents
- Acting as filing officer for the Fair Political Practice Commission
- Maintaining and publishing the Municipal Code
- Establishing and maintaining systems to preserve, protect, and destroy public records in accordance with law
Civic Auditorium Rental
To rent the Civic Auditorium, please contact Adrian Garcia, Chief Deputy City Clerk, at (626) 812-5271. Auditorium Application